Friday 31 March 2017

Family fiesta and Cupcakes!

Cupcakes
This year due to me moving up into Totara, I got the chance to make a cupcake to sell for the Family Fiesta. I decided to make some basic cupcakes with raspberry essence, some pink vanilla flavored icing with some sparkly decorations on top. Not only do we sell our cupcakes but we also get a chance to be 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and highly commended (4th). This activity also gives us a chance to get points towards a special badge (we have to get a certain amount of points to earn our badge). (For more information on the family fiesta read on!) Here is a picture of my cupcakes:  


Family fiesta
Every year we have Family Fiesta. The Family Fiesta is a day that we have fun and we look at everyone's creations that includes cupcakes, windmills, eggs and creatures. Some of the things you can eat are: Candyfloss, Beef curry, Cakes, Ice-cream, Vege-korma and while you eat you can watch a live performance on stage. The performance could be singing, dancing, playing the  piano  or even an orchestra! It could be anything! Something that I particularly like is the horizontal bungee and the candyfloss. It isn't packaged you can get fresh from the machine! Also some of the teachers will dress up for the event just to make that little bit more fun, from previous years they have dressed up in crazy pink with a wig and sequin jersey. The Family Fiesta super fun and the biggest fundraiser that Grey Main School does!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jessie, are you looking forward to the Fiesta? I know I am! You have worked really hard and your cupcakes look amazing! I bet you will get lots of bids on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I couldn't be there. Hope you had a wonderful time. By the way, great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessie, Your cupcakes look so delicious. It really sounds like a very big deal to you guys. It is a very creative and fun way to raise money. Your description of a family fiesta has very vivid details. I think this is the best blog I've seen from your class because I like how you write your blurbs. Your blurbs have a big effect on the understanding of your work. Keep up the good job.

    Freeman and Jeremiah
    (from Panmure Bridge School)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.